HOW YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY CAN HELP – DONATIONS
EVERY SINGLE PENNY WILL BE GOING DIRECTLY TO THE CHILDREN AND THE HOME WE ARE CREATING FOR THEM.
I will be sure to send regular updated news and pictures, and have documented every step taken. This is an independent project. If we don’t do it, nothing will change for these orphans. Due my love for this country and choice of future career my attendance here will be frequent. We have worked with the family to create a 7 year plan but the basics that are most significant are happening now.
PLEASE HELP US, HELP THEM TO ACHIEVE THEIR DREAMS FOR THE FUTURE OF THESE CHILDREN. YOU REALLY, REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND CHANGE A CHILD’S LIFE.
I know money is stretched enough as it is at the moment, but if can donate or do any personal fund raising for this cause you will be smiled and thanked by the children. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, ever single penny helps and goes so far no matter how small. Peace and love…
Tilinanu would never have achieved what they have without all of the support from the local community… we really hope this amount of support and interest continues with as many hearts as possible.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION:
If you’d like to help this fantastic cause,
simply drop us an e-mail with your pledge/offer to fundraise?
THANKS A MILLION. Alice x
YOU CAN HELP TILINANU INDIVIDUALLY
At the moment (21/09/2009) all of the children are being funded by personal means… we are aiming to have personal sponsors for the children, however there are many things that have not been accounted for within this method, such as clothes, medical charges, getting the children birth certificates, further education costs, (for example if the child were to excel in a specific topic and wanted to peruse there education further), more home appliances, spare sheets, electricity, further development for the building in the future… any donations made to Tilinanu will be distributed 100% to benefit the children at Tilinanu. Donations are fantastic because they provide us with the means of continue improving and developing Tilinanu, and they allow us to see the bigger picture apposed to day to day needs. Any support is fantastic.
Ideas for fund raising…
- Bonfire party
- Curry night
- Halloween party
- Cocktail parties
- Dinner parties
- Girls and boys night in apposed to night out…
- Donations at Christmas party’s
- NOW YOU CAN BUY A TREE FOR JUST £7.00?(Trees will help feed the children for many years). Send us an email if its for a present or card letting us know who its for and occasion and we’ll send them a card letting them know the difference you’ve made.
- Bike ride
- Quit smoking
- Hair shave
- Sponsor a child yourself or as an amazing gift
Buy one of our funky beach bags at £20 or purses at £10 made locally on our last trip. Every penny goes directly to Tilinanu….email us for colours we have have in stock! See pictures of the bags in production in the gallery section!
REMEMBER, THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE ITEMS WE NEED:
- Toilet and septic tank – £150 (NOW IN ORPHANAGE)
- Bunk Beds – which have been quoted at £20?not including mattress. Approximately 15 beds needed. Mattresses – £20 each (NOW IN ORPHANAGE)
- Blankets – £5 each (NOW IN ORPHANAGE)
- Mosquito nets – £4 each (NOW IN ORPHANAGE)
- Kitchen equipment – £150 (NOW IN ORPHANAGE)
- Kitchen utensils – £40 (NOW IN ORPHANAGE)
- Fruit trees including oranges, limes, mangos, papaya and lemons providing the children with Vitamins and minerals £7 each (There is enough space for over 100 trees) (PLANTING COMPLETE)
- Chicks and chickens providing the children with nutrition and life skills that are used here in Malawi – £10
- A box of communal clothes for all of the children to keep their hygiene up to scratch – £50
- General furnishings (chairs, rugs, books, and shelves… the possibilities are endless…) to make this building a happy home – £70
- Maize Mill – £15,000
- Blackboards – £15.00
- Carpentry Tools (teaching Materials) – Donations/£50.00
- Sewing machines – Donations/£100.00?(You can buy light and small sewing machine from places such?As Dunelm or Tesco direct for £24.99)?It would also be amazing to be able to purchase a heavy duty machine so volunteers could make school uniforms and eventually sell excess locally!
- Needles and thread – Donations
- Writing materials – Donations
- Laptops/computers (teaching materials – approximately 10)?Donate your old one! So the girls can learn the way around a keyboard and basic programmes. This would be an amazing head start to their future
- Curtains – £52.00
- Fridge/Freezer – £200.00
- Cooker – £200.00
- School Bags (new or used) – Donations
- Wellingtons – Donations?(Gets very muddy in the rainy season prevents parasites)
- Shoes – Donations
- Children’s and teenagers under wear – Donations
- Bras – Donations
- Clothes – Donations
- Board games – Donations
- Balls – Donations?(inflatable ones so we can transport them)
- Skipping ropes – Donations
- Books – Donations
- Letters to the girls – Donations
- Air miles?as all our flight costs so far have been paid for personally
- Art and craft materials – Donations
- Towels – Donations
Any links anybody may have to transport cargo!
As we are collecting clothes for the little ones in Africa – if anyone has additional adult clothing that they are willing to donate. I’d love to take them off your hands and we will be donating them to the Muslim, Nationwide support centre in Leicester and a safe house for women in Nottingham (drug addicts and prostitutes in need of desperate help).